As the festive season approaches, we can’t be the only ones who spend most of our days eating, or wishing we were eating chocolate!
If you are trying to resist the urge to fill your boots with chocolate though, how about making some of our delicious white chocolate truffles for friends and family instead? There’s nothing more thoughtful than a hand made gift!
This recipe makes around 30 truffles.
- 300g white chocolate, chopped
- 120ml double cream
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1/2tsp of rose water, 2tsp of vanilla paste or 1-2tbsp liqueur of your choice (brandy, Cointreau or Hazelnut)
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
- Finely chopped pistachios, desiccated coconut, cocoa or sprinkles
- Melt the chocolate, cream and butter in a heatproof bowl over a small pan of gently simmering water. Alternatively you can melt it in the microwave in short bursts, stirring regularly
- Stir in any flavourings you like. Add them gradually and taste the mix as you go, the flavours will be stronger when chilled
- Transfer to a small baking dish or shallow container and chill until set, about 4 hours or overnight
- Using a large melon baller or a heaped teaspoon, scoop truffles from the set mixture, or using clean hands briefly roll between your palms, the transfer to a lined baking tray. Chill for 30 minutes to firm up
- To decorate, melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, or in short bursts in the microwave
- Leave to cool a little, then drop the chilled truffles into the chocolate and lift out with a fork. Tip: it might help to bend the fork handle to make it easier to lift the truffles out
- Put the truffles back on a lined baking tray and sprinkle over any toppings, if using. Chill again in the fridge to set for 1-2 hours or freeze for 30 minutes if you’re in a hurry
- Store in a cool place or in the fridge until giving as a present (or eating if you just cant resist!)
We used raspberry flavouring in our truffles and decorated with freeze-dried raspberries. We think they look very festive, and incredibly tempting!
Don’t forget to tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you give our White Chocolate Truffles a go. We would love to see how they turn out, we’re also willing to sample them for you if you need a taste tester!