For our next podcast recipe we are sharing a recipe for Chocolate Oaties.
Chocolate Oaties are a real classic recipe for me. I remember lining up in the school hall at break times to get one of these as my morning snack. I’m not sure whether schools would be able to offer them now!
I came across the recipe a few years a go and it fast became one of my favourites. Chocolate Oaties are so quick to whip up and taste delicious.
For the Oaties
- 250g butter
- 175g oats
- 175g self-raising flour
- 140g sugar
- 15g Cocoa powder.
For the Icing
- 125g icing sugar
- 20g Cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat
- Mix the oats, flour, sugar and cocoa into the melted butter until combined
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until slightly golden
- Let them cool slightly, then cut into squares. Don’t let them cool too much or they will just crumble
- For the icing; sift the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Stir in a little water at a time until you reach a thick, glossy consistency that you can spread over the oaties
- Once the oaties are completely cool, spread the icing over the top. It should be thick enough to spread out but thin enough that it will slowly level itself out giving a smooth glossy finish
- Wait for the icing to set and then enjoy!