Today we are sharing our recipe for Viennese Whirls, but not just any Viennese Whirls – Chocolate Dipped Viennese Whirls!
You’re just 5 ingredients and a dash of motivation away from a delicious mid morning (or afternoon) treat!
- 250g very soft unsalted butter
- 50g icing sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 25g cornflour
- 150g milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas Mark 5. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Measure the butter and icing sugar into a bowl and beat well until pale and fluffy.
- Sieve in the flour and cornflour, beat well until thoroughly mixed
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle
- Pipe 10cm long, 1.5cm wide fingers onto the baking sheets, making sure there is a 3cm space between each finger
- Bake in the centre of a pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes until a pale golden-brown colour. (You may need to swap the trays around in the oven half way through for an even bake)
- Cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool and harden
- Melt the chocolate over a pan of gently simmering water (making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Alternatively, microwave in short bursts, stirring every 15 seconds or so
- Dip each end of the shortbread fingers into the bowl of melted chocolate.
- Leave to set on baking parchment before serving.