We are yet to meet someone who does not like a chocolate brownie, and it’s not surprising. They are delicious warm or cold and if you manage to master the gooey centre and crispy outside – sweet treat heaven!
Why not give our chocolate brownie recipe a go?
- 115g Butter
- 125g Dark chocolate
- 300g Caster sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 140g Plain flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 100g White chocolate
- 100g Milk chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180C Fan
- Grease and line a 7-inch tin
- Place the butter and dark chocolate in a bowl and set over a saucepan of gently simmering water until melted (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water)
- Leave the chocolatey mixture to cool slightly
- Stir the sugar and vanilla extract together. A silicone spatula works well for this!
- Add the eggs and beat until combined
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and beat until combined
- Fold the chocolate chunks until they are spread evenly throughout the mixture
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes
- Leave to cool before slicing to your preferred size brownies.
Now, we have said leave to cool before slicing, but who can resist a warm brownie fresh from the oven? Especially when served with a scoop or two of ice cream on the side!